The College Web Team consists of Marianne Schneider and Brian Williams. We are a small team with a big task – maintaining the College’s website (college.emory.edu) and working with departments to design and maintain their sites. It’s a big job, and we love doing it, but it’s also a daily challenge. We have a number of policies and procedures that we find helpful in conducting our day-to-day business.
We typically interact with departments in two ways – either we are working together on a site redesign project or we are helping departments maintain their sites. We also field general questions about the web and about Emory’s web hosting environment.
During a redesign, we have a fairly detailed work process. At the end of that process, we will help you transition into maintaining the site yourself.
We do not support the following types of sites:
- sites which do not fall under the purview of Emory College
- faculty lab, research or teaching sites
- personal web pages (self-service space is provided by the University for faculty, students, and staff)
- sites that do not follow our technical standards
- sites created by external vendors (it is recommended that you purchase a support contract from your vendor for ongoing maintainance.)