Each year, high-achieving Emory students win prestigious merit awards that enable them to study and/or work throughout the world. You can be one of these students.
The National Scholarships & Fellowships Program office provides information and support for current Emory students and recent alumni/ae in pursuit of nationally competitive merit awards.
For those awards that require institutional endorsement, we manage the College nomination process by which Emory’s nominees are selected.
In addition, we administer a number of internal Emory awards (that is, awards sponsored by Emory and available only to Emory students).
In general, successful candidates for these merit awards have a record of outstanding academic achievement (in most cases, a cumulative GPA of at least 3.7 is required), substantive leadership, and, for some awards, sustained community service. These awards seek students who will be future leaders in their fields, change agents who will make a distinguished contribution as graduate students and as future professionals.
Contact our office for an appointment to discuss your interests and your eligibility for these awards or for assistance in applying for an award.
Services of the National Scholarships & Fellowships Program include:
- Help students learn what opportunities are available
- Advise potential applicants on their eligibility and the appropriateness of particular awards
- Shepherd students through the application process
- Assist in crafting essays, grant proposals, and personal statements for award applications
- Prepare students for scholarship interviews