Topic: South Asian Politics Since 1945
|Time||Days||Location||Instructor||GER||Credit||OPUS Class Number||Syllabus (Tentative)|
Bowden Hall 116
|Creekmore Jr., Marion.||4||3371||TBA.|
This course analyzes the political and economic developments in South Asia, particularly in India, Pakistan, and Afghanistan, over the past 50 years from a historical, political institutional, and policy perspective. Possessing 20 percent of the world's population, this region will play an increasingly important role in international affairs in the future.
Required Textbooks, Articles, and Resources
- 2010. Contemporary India. ISBN: 9781403943132.Palgrave MacMillan.
- 2002. Afghanistan: A Short History of Its People and Politics. ISBN: 9780060505080.HaperCollins.
- 2005. Pakistan: Between Mosque and Military. TEXT CANCELED.
- 2008. A Thousand Splendid Suns. ISBN: 9781594483851.Penguin Group.
- 2006. The Idea of Pakistan. ISBN: 9780815715030.Brookings Institution Press.
|Assignment/Exam||Details||% of Total Grade|
|Quiz||Short written quiz on assigned novel.|
|Quiz||Short quiz on map assignment.|
|Team Term Paper||TBA|
The schedule of courses on O.P.U.S. is the official listing of courses, including days and times they meet and the General Education Requirements they satisfy. Students should use course descriptions as general guidelines. Course requirements, grading details, book lists, and syllabi are subject to change.